1. Collection of Information
Summary: THEHEROLOOP collects information that you directly provide to us on our landing page (email), information we collect only to contact you for testing the THEHEROLOOP and to communicate platform news.
- 1.1 Information You Provide to Us. When you use our Platform, by registering, you login with an encrypted Blockstack generated public key made up of 12-words and a username of your choice. You need to remember this 12-word phrase as if you forget it you will be locked out of your account, and can never return to it, and will need to create a new account. This enables you to use our webapp anonymously. We hope that in very rare cases we need to reach you, then we will match your private key with your name. Please see point 3.3.
If you chose to help test THEHEROLOOP you can choose to enter your email on our landingpage. By giving us your email, you also allow THEHEROLOOP to communicate news about the Platform.
Mailchimp is used to communicate with you by email.
- 1.2 Information We Automatically Collect. When you use our Platform, and you decide to share photos from your camera roll or information about yourself within the webapp it will be linked to your encrypted public key generated by Blockstack Gaia and stored centralised in THEHEROLOOP database.
2. Utilization of Information
Summary: THEHEROLOOP will use the information collected above to improve how our Platform operates and how our Platform communicates with you to respond to questions and concerns.
- 2.1 Operating our Platform. THEHEROLOOP will use the information collected above to improve how our Platform operates. For instance, we will use the THEHEROLOOP to monitor and analyze trends across the THEHEROLOOP platform broadly to develop new products and features. We will also use this information to detect and investigate fraudulent and toxic activities and other abusive behavior to ensure the safety of the THEHEROLOOP community.
- 2.2 Communicating with You. THEHEROLOOP may use the information collected above to improve our customer service such as the chatbot as we respond to your comments, questions, and requests. We will also use the information to communicate products, features, events, technical notices, security alerts, payment notices, and administrative messages.
3. Sharing of Information
Summary: THEHEROLOOP may share information with others within the THEHEROLOOP platform and external to THEHEROLOOP, based on your preferences.
- 3.1 Within the THEHEROLOOP Platform. We share the anonymous information collected by displaying it on dashboards on our Platform. Some information, such as the information you chose to share like username, user photo and preferred information about yourself, is public within the Platform. We share your information with the “Hero’s” and “Looper’s” you have chosen to connect with through our Platform.
- 3.2 With THEHEROLOOP’s Service Providers. THEHEROLOOP may use service providers to operate and improve our Platform. For instance, THEHEROLOOP may use secondary service providers to enable payment processing, and host data. We make our best effort to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store this data only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
- 3.4 Social Media and Other Third-Party Services. THEHEROLOOP may offer features that integrate with third-party services such as social media. These features may allow you to share information publicly, depending on your preferred setting. The use of this information is dependent on the privacy policies of the third-party service, and we have no control on how they use their data. For information about this, please refer to the privacy policies of your third-party services.
- 3.5 Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If THEHEROLOOP or its Platforms are involved in a merger, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale, information about you will not be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We will not share information about you with future corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
- 3.6 Other Situations. THEHEROLOOP will share aggregated and anonymous information. Anonymous data in the Platform will be used for analytic reports and insights to improve the community where you live.
4. Additional Details
Summary: THEHEROLOOP collects anonymous information about how and where you use the app in order to improve our functionality and keep your information secure.
- 4.2 Account Information. You may update or correct the account information that you have provided to THEHEROLOOP by editing your account settings in the Platform. It is not possible to retrieve your 12 word secret pass phrase in Blockstack if you should lose it. The public key will be lost and you will need to create a new anonymous account, and your old account will be lost forever. You may also deactivate your account by editing your account settings or by sending an email to email@example.com. THEHEROLOOP may retain certain information as needed to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes and enforce our legal rights. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
- 4.3 Geographic Information. When you first access the Platform, you will be asked to consent to our collection of geographic information. You may opt out of this, but you may not be able to use our mobile application because some features will not work.
- 4.4 Security. We employ measures designed to protect information. For example, we use encrypted secure protocols designed to protect the transmission of information. However, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure.
Summary: THEHEROLOOP will not process your login credentials as this is encrypted and stored on your device, or by your choice can be stored in Blockchain on Blockstack Gaia decentralised Cloud. No one can access this information.
- 5.1 Blockchain and Blockstack. As blockchain technology is immutable (unable to be changed), your privacy data can only be removed from Gaia Cloud hubs, but the access your ID gives you will remain. This means by using your secret 12-words recovery key, you will always be able to login to Blockstack.
- 5.2 Removing your data from Blockstack Gaia. If you wish to remove your Blockstack ID/private key to have all data associated with that ID deleted, please provide us with the Blockstack ID and then please verify that you are the owner of the ID by updating the information in your ID’s profile to say “Delete Me” and add the current date. Once that is complete, please email us that it has been completed and we will verify and delete the associated data.